Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Sonu Nigam reacts to impersonator case settlement; says, “Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut”

Sonu Nigam has opened up about his legal battle with Bihar-based criminal lawyer Sonu Nigam Singh, whose social media account was allegedly mistaken for that of the singer. The dispute, which involved alleged misuse of the singer’s identity and personality rights, has now been settled following an amicable agreement between the two parties.

The Bombay High Court recently disposed of the commercial intellectual property suit after the singer and the lawyer reached a settlement. However, Sonu Nigam has said that he is not completely satisfied with the outcome and believes that cases involving digital impersonation and identity rights require stricter legal action.

Speaking about the issue, the singer said, “I quit X in 2017 but this person kept impersonating me. If I met President Droupadi Murmu, he would post a photo as if I am posting it. It is cruel to put someone’s name, reputation and life at risk.”

Nigam further claimed that the alleged impersonation had consequences for him and his family. “My family and I started receiving threats for posts this guy had made. He would post something and people would hurl abuses at me,” he said.

The singer said he was relieved that the court had issued a strict warning to the lawyer, but felt that the consequences should have been more severe. “Such people should be put in prison. He may have not murdered me physically but he harmed me and my reputation. Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut. Even the PM (@narendramodi) follows him thinking that is my account,” Nigam said.

Sonu Nigam had filed the suit before the Bombay High Court in July last year, alleging violations of his personality rights and digital impersonation. The account in question was allegedly used to share politically charged and communally sensitive posts. Since Nigam had left X in 2017, the account was allegedly mistaken by some users for the singer’s official account.

While the legal dispute has now been resolved, Nigam’s comments highlight his concerns over the impact of social media impersonation on a public figure’s reputation and personal life.

Also Read : Sonu Nigam reveals he uses auto-tune in certain songs; says, “It can’t replace singers”


Kala Hiran producer Amit Jani challenges Delhi HC order on Salman Khan’s personality rights in Supreme Court

Film producer Amit Jani has approached the Supreme Court challenging the Delhi High Court’s interim order directing the makers of Kala Hiran: The Battle for Legacy to remove its teaser and other promotional material. The case concerns allegations that the film’s promotions violated actor Salman Khan’s personality rights.

Jani, who is producing the film under Jani FireFox Films, has challenged the High Court’s July 27 order. The controversy began after the teaser of Kala Hiran was released on July 17 and drew attention for its apparent references to Salman’s ongoing blackbuck poaching case.

According to ANI, Jani’s appeal argues that the High Court restrained the teaser without identifying the specific actionable use through which Salman’s persona was allegedly appropriated or commercially exploited.

“The present proceedings raise a question of far-reaching constitutional significance, for acceptance of the actor's legally untenable proposition would effectively weaponise personality rights as a tool of private censorship, permitting every public personality to seek gag orders against legitimate artistic, journalistic or historical expression concerning events associated with them,” the appeal stated.

The plea further argued, “Permitting the actor to suppress the filmmaker's creative expression under the guise of personality rights would produce an unprecedented chilling effect upon independent filmmaking, journalism and artistic dramatisation of matters inherently falling within the public domain and public interest.” Why did Salman Khan object to the film’s teaser? Salman had approached the Delhi High Court alleging that the film’s promotional material commercially exploited his personality without his consent. His plea claimed that the two-minute teaser featured a fictional character named Ayan Khan who was portrayed in a manner that clearly alluded to him.

The actor also alleged that the teaser contained references to his films Dabangg and Sikandar, alongside elements related to his pending blackbuck poaching case.

The teaser reportedly depicts a courtroom trial involving a superstar accused of killing a blackbuck. It also includes dramatised sequences involving witness examination, forensic findings and alleged attempts to threaten or influence witnesses.

In its interim order, the Delhi High Court directed the makers to take down the teaser and related promotional material, observing that the content prima facie violated Salman’s personality rights and could cause irreparable harm to his reputation.

On the work front, Salman was last seen in Sikandar. He also features in the Saudi Arabian film 7 Dogs, which is scheduled to release in India on August 21. The actor is currently shooting for a film directed by Vamshi Paidipally and produced by Dil Raju.

Salman also has Apoorva Lakhia’s Maatrubhumi: May War Rest in Peace in his lineup. He is also attached to the project as a producer.

Also Read: Delhi High Court orders removal of Kala Hiran teaser linked to Salman Khan; says reputation must be protected


Esha Deol turns Sunny Deol’s “Dhaai Kilo Ka Haath” into a Raksha Bandhan gag in Instamart campaign, watch

Esha Deol is revisiting a memorable piece of Bollywood nostalgia this Raksha Bandhan with Instamart’s latest festive campaign, titled ‘Dhaai Kilo Ki Rakhi’. The campaign takes inspiration from the iconic “dhaai kilo ka haath” dialogue and gives it a playful sibling-centric twist.

The campaign film begins with Esha referencing the famous dialogue before introducing a wild-haired professor who attempts to explain why her brother’s hand appears to carry so much weight. The humorous sequence turns the idea into a mock scientific experiment called “Thermo-Dhaai-Namics”.

The professor uses X-rays, a blackboard equation and a pulley experiment to demonstrate the unusual weight of the giant hand. The experiment pits it against several forces and objects, including the Earth, Shukra, Shani and even a tank of water. Each attempt ends with the hand tipping the scale.

The equation finally finds its solution when a rakhi matching the hand’s supposed weight arrives. Dubbed the “dhaai kilo ki rakhi”, it is delivered by an Instamart executive, bringing the professor’s elaborate experiment to an end.

The campaign also includes a festive return-gift offer. Customers who purchase an eligible rakhi through Instamart can receive a complimentary 10-gram silver voucher from Kalyan Jewellers. The offer is available across multiple cities, subject to availability and applicable terms and conditions.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Instamart (@instamart)

Speaking about the campaign, Mayur Hola, Head of Brand, Swiggy, said, “Over the last few years, we’ve enjoyed using pop culture to put a playful spin on Raksha Bandhan, from ‘Rakhi with Rakhi’ to ‘Shera Bhai’, and now ‘Dhaai Kilo Ki Rakhi’. Each year, we look for a cultural moment that people instantly recognise and reimagine it through the lens of the sibling relationship. This year, we have Esha Deol bringing one of Bollywood’s most legendary dialogues to life with an Instamart twist. And the silver voucher adds an extra sparkle to the tradition of the bhai’s return gift.”

Ramesh Kalyanaraman, Executive Director, Kalyan Jewellers, said, “Raksha Bandhan celebrates a bond built over years of shared memories, laughter, mischief and affection. The tradition has always been as much about giving as it is about tying the rakhi, which is why, for everyone buying rakhis on Instamart, we wanted to offer a meaningful return gift: a 10-gram silver voucher redeemable at select Kalyan Jewellers stores. Our association with Instamart combines the convenience of quick commerce with the enduring value of silver, adding a little more meaning to a much-loved festive tradition.”

The campaign combines a familiar Bollywood reference with the contemporary way of shopping for festivals. Through Instamart, customers can order rakhis, sweets, return gifts and puja essentials together, while the Kalyan Jewellers offer adds another element to the Raksha Bandhan celebration.

Also Read: Esha Deol gets candid about missing love after divorce; says, “I am currently missing, I love to be romantic”


Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Kangana Ranaut backs Isha Koppikar after the latter calls herself an ‘andhbhakt’: “I love my country I love my people”

Isha Koppikar recently addressed the label of ‘andhbhakt’ while speaking about her love for India and her belief in contributing towards the country’s progress. The actress made it clear that her devotion is not towards any political party but towards her nation. Her remarks have now received support from actress turned politician Kangana Ranaut, who responded to Isha’s video on social media.

Isha shared the video on her Instagram handle on Tuesday, explaining why she does not shy away from calling herself a ‘bhakt’ or an ‘andhbhakt’ when it comes to her country. Kangana reacted to the post and highlighted instances from her own life where she says she stood up against injustice and violence.

“Wow well explained for me as- in high school protested against a teacher who used to hit children in head with stick during assembly, protested against 26/11 violence. Protested against Nirbhaya brutality. Never blamed parents for any limitation that may have come my way. Instead uplifted whole family to the same standard of life that I earned for myself," Kangana wrote in response to Isha’s video. She further added, “Identifies being a bhakt of almost anyone who I meet, I love my country I love my people. I simply love my life," she added.

In her original video, Isha explained that her use of the term ‘andhbhakt’ is specifically linked to her love for the country rather than allegiance to a political party. She said, “Yes, I am an andhbhakt. If it is bhakti (devotion) to love your country and want to see it progress, then yes, I am proud to be a bhakti andhbhakt. But my blind devotion is not towards any political party; it’s towards my country. Nation first. I can question the government and disagree with its policies. And still love my country wholeheartedly.”

Isha also spoke about the importance of contributing to the nation instead of only questioning what one receives from it. “This country is my home, where I have earned and continue to earn a livelihood and where I continue to get opportunities. So, I am not ashamed to be proud of my country. Wherever you may live, learn to love that place, respect that place, and contribute to it. Be proud of the home you choose. Because patriotism is not just saying, I love my country. It is doing something that improves your country.”

She concluded by reiterating her belief in India and its future, saying, “Instead of asking what the country has given us all the time, why not start thinking about what we can contribute to the country? Because Bharat is changing. It’s time to change our thoughts to help in making a new Bharat. So, call me a bhakt, call me an andhbhakt, call me a nationalist. I am Indian, I love my India, I believe in my India. Not blindly, but proudly, passionately, and unapologetically.”

Kangana’s response comes as a public endorsement of Isha’s views, with the actress turned politician drawing parallels with moments when she says she chose to speak up against injustice and violence.

Also Read: Isha Koppikar REACTS to being called “andhbhakt”: “My devotion is not for any political party, but for my country”


Kartik Aaryan to undergo knee surgery after injury on Kabir Khan’s film set

Kartik Aaryan has suffered a serious knee injury while shooting an intense action sequence for his upcoming untitled film with filmmaker Kabir Khan. The actor reportedly sustained the injury during the final phase of the shoot, which was scheduled to wrap after two more days of filming.

According to India Today, Kartik had been undergoing rigorous training with action coaches ahead of the demanding sequences. During one of the action scenes, he injured his knee and was subsequently rushed to a hospital in the town for medical attention.

A source close to the production told India Today, “Kartik has now been admitted to Fortis Raheja Hospital and is under medical care. The doctors will perform his knee surgery in a day, after which he will have to rest for a few days. He should then be able to resume his work commitments.”

Following the surgery, Kartik is expected to take a short break to recover. He will reportedly resume work on Anurag Basu’s untitled project once he is fit to return to the sets.

The injury comes at a busy phase in Kartik’s professional career. The actor recently received the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Chandu Champion. He has also ventured into film production with Dopamine Studios and is collaborating with Kabir Khan on the upcoming project. The film marks Kartik’s second association with Khan after Chandu Champion.

Apart from the Kabir Khan directorial, Kartik has several projects lined up. He will next be seen in Naagzilla, a fantasy-comedy-adventure film directed by Mrighdeep Singh Lamba. The actor is also part of Captain India, which remains among his upcoming projects.

For now, Kartik is expected to prioritise his recovery following the knee injury and surgery before returning to his packed work schedule.

Also Read : Kartik Aaryan launches Dopamine Studios, joins Kabir Khan’s sports drama as producer


SCOOP: Rajinikanth creates HISTORY! Jailer 2 bags record Rs. 160 cr. OTT deal; biggest ever for a Tamil film

Rajinikanth is undoubtedly the biggest superstar of Indian Cinema, who commands longevity like no one else has. With 50 years of reign as a leading man, he is all set for the release of his next, Jailer 2 directed by Nelson Dilipkumar. The film is a sequel to the 2023 cult Jailer, and is among the most awaited films of the year.

Bollywood Hungama has exclusively learnt that Jailer 2 has cracked the biggest non-theatrical deal of 2026, surpassing King. According to reliable sources, Rajinikanth starrer has fetched a humongous sum of Rs. 160 crore from a streaming partner. "It's the biggest non-theatrical deal of the year, as well as the biggest of all time for a Tamil Film, surpassing Leo. Rajinikanth is flexing his superstardom with the sequel to his most loved film of the last 15 years," a source told Bollywood Hungama.

The source also informs that the film is confirmed for a theatrical release in October, and the makers are gearing up to kick-start their theatrical campaign. It marks the return of Rajinikanth to play the character of Tiger Muthuvel.

More details on the structure of this historic deal is awaited, but the OTT platforms are clearly betting big on the Superstar Rajinikanth saga.

Also Read: Sun Pictures unveils electrifying announcement video for Rajinikanth starrer Jailer 2, set to release on October 15


SCOOP: Prabhas vs Salman Khan Eid 2027 clash may be OFF; Sandeep Reddy Vanga's Spirit eyes June 2027 release

The Eid 2027 clash between the Sandeep Reddy Vanga-directed Spirit led by Prabhas, and the Salman Khan-led action entertainer directed by Vamshi Paidipally could be avoided. According to reliable sources close to the development, Spirit is expected to miss the Eid 2027 deadline due to a delay in filming.

"Around 75 days of shooting still remain, and with Prabhas' dates scattered over multiple films, Sandeep Reddy Vanga will find it tough to finish the film on time. The internal discussions at T Series have begun about identifying a new release date. One of the dates identified by T Series head honcho is the post-IPL window in June 2027," revealed a source close to the development to Bollywood Hungama.

The source further added that the makers are still making an attempt to bring it on Eid, but everyone is internally aware that hitting the deadline will be a rather impossible task, paving the way for a solo release for Salman Khan. "Of course, at the moment, most will deny the development, but the matter of fact rests in the fact that the film is running behind its schedule. The announcement of delay might come now, or months later, but the chatter has already begun," the source adds further.

Spirit is among the most awaited films of the Indian Film Industry and is expected to set the box office on fire upon its arrival.

Also Read: Sagarika Ghatge joins Salman Khan and Nayanthara starrer directed by Vamshi Paidipally


Sonu Nigam reacts to impersonator case settlement; says, “Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut”

Sonu Nigam has opened up about his legal battle with Bihar-based criminal lawyer Sonu Nigam Singh, whose social media account was allegedly...