Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Bhumi Pednekar says she will showcase different shades of being a woman through her films in 2020

Bhumi Pednekar is one of the most exciting young actors of our generation. She has been in the industry for over four years now and she has already given audiences some really strong and brilliant female protagonists in films like Dum Laga Ke Haisha, Toilet - Ek Prem Katha, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, Bala, Saand Ki Aankh, Son Chiriya, among others. Bhumi is set to have another exciting release calendar for 2020!

Bhumi Pednekar says she will showcase different shades of being a woman through her films in 2020
“For me, how I portray women in cinema matters a lot and next year will see me portray some really distinctive, independent, confident and individualistic women. I think I will showcase the different shades of being a woman next year!” says the talented actress, who will be seen as a leading lady in the Akshay Kumar presentation Durgavati and Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare. Bhumi will also have very critical cameos in Ayushmann Khurrana starrer Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and Vicky Kaushal’s Bhoot: The Haunted Ship.

Bhumi adds, “I’m really excited that I am getting to play such varied mix of women who I hope will stand out and make a statement for who they are, what they believe in and what they stand for. It is great that women are being championed and being celebrated in so many films and I feel nice that I have been part of such cinema. I will continue looking for and choosing such a cinema because it appeals to me strongly.”

Bhumi will never be part of a film in which her character doesn’t have a voice of her own and isn’t pivotal to the plot. “I have never ever chosen a film in which my part had nothing important to say and it will stay just like this. Such films don’t excite me and I don’t connect with them. My characters have always had a voice of her own and stood her ground and was vocal about her decisions and beliefs. I gravitate to such characters easily and I think audiences too expect to see me play such parts that represent today’s women,” she says.

Meanwhile, Bhumi Pednekar will also start shooting for Karan Johar’s Takht.

ALSO READ: Bhumi Pednekar is all set for a special appearance in Ayushmann Khurrana starrer Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Andhadhun screenwriter Hemanth Rao criticizes IIFA for disrespectful treatment; Siddharth lends support: “Disrespect towards artists at the hands of these middlemen will not end”

The recent edition of the International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA), held from September 27 to September 29 in Abu Dhabi, has sparked ...